This is seriously the most delicious chicken & pasta dish. Whenever I’m craving some comfort food, this is my go to! And.. it’s super easy! You’ll feel like you really accomplished a sophisticated dish with this creamy sun-dried tomato chicken. Feel free to spice it up and add some red pepper flakes or extra herbs. I love also adding mixed mushrooms to the sauce, try that out next time!
Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Chicken
A chicken dish so full of flavor, you'll keep coming back!
- 4 Chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 4 Chicken thighs, skin on
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 10 oz pasta, cooked (or grain of choice)
- ¼ cup parmesan
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium to high heat. Season your chicken generously with salt and pepper. Add one tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Once hot, carefully place the chicken, skin down, into the skillet and cook undisturbed until golden brown and the skin releases itself, around 5-6 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Using tongs, remove the chicken from the skillet and place it on a plate or cutting board.
- Reduce the heat under the skillet to medium and add the minced garlic. Stir until fragrant, 30 seconds to one minute. Add chicken stock, heavy cream, and sun-dried tomatoes to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Stir once, bring to a boil, then lower the heat to create a simmer. Reduce the liquid by half, around 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, add the chicken back into the skillet and spoon some of the sun-dried tomatoes over the chicken. Transfer the skillet to the oven. Roast until the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165 F), 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta (or other grain) according to the directions.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the skillet from the oven. Using tongs, once again, transfer the chicken onto a plate or cutting board. Add the pasta (or other grain) and parmesan into the skillet and toss with the sauce, allowing the cheese to melt. Place the chicken back into the skillet on top of the pasta, and, finally, sprinkle with chopped basil. Serve in the skillet, family style.
One response to “Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Chicken”
[…] Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Chicken […]